Illustrator Ilse Valfré, who was able to build her apparel brand through social media, always creates the most whimsical drawings featuring “Valfré girls”.
- Black dress or something equally sassy/witchy
- Face powder
- Pink eyeshadow
- Black lipstick
- Bobby pins, teased hair, or a colorful bouffant wig
- First, get your dress on. You’ll need to be careful with makeup from now on, but it’s easier than trying to maneuver it with a face full of makeup on!
- If you want to make yourself paler to go with a ghostlier Valfré look, go ahead and apply it. I forwent it, but it’s an option.
- Use your pink eyeshadow and apply it liberally on your eyelids and directly under your eyes. You can also use pale pink blush for this.
- Apply eyeliner in a classic cat eye shape.
- Apply a thick coat of mascara for doll-like lashes.
- The trademark look of all Valfré girls is a smattering of star-shaped freckles. You can achieve the look with a star-shaped stamp, or make them yourself using an eyeliner pen or black face paint.
- Apply black lipstick.
- If you’re using a wig or teasing your hair, go ahead. You can also do something simpler with some face-framing barrettes or bobby pins for a more girlish Valfré look.
- When you’re done, get someone to take photos of you in your Valfré get-up. They’ll document your super cool look, and you can also enter them in the Valfré Doll Halloween Costume Contest. (Bonus points for trying to re-enact an illustration!)
Here’s my look:
Charlotte Ronson Starry Eyes Liquid Eyeshadow in Sky
Here’s a drawing I did based on an existing Valfré girl:
I hope you decide to enter the contest, and check out all the amazing entries online!